Planning Your Visit
Open 7 days a week:
Monday-Saturday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Sunday: 1–5 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
NMC Student (with ID) FREE
Museum members FREE
Our mailing address is 1701 E. Front St., Traverse City, MI 49686. If you are using a GPS navigational device, please use our physical address: 1410 College Drive, Traverse City, MI 49686.
Free parking is available for Museum visitors in the Museum Parking lot or two-hour parking on Front St. or Fair St. The gate in the Museum lot will rise as you approach in your vehicle and a code is needed to exit. The code is available to visitors at the front desk. Buses should drop visitors off in the loading zone and then park in the Cherry Lot. There are three designated parking spots for persons with disabilities directly in front of the Museum.
The Bay Area Transportation Authority (BATA) Cherriot service stops twice an hour on weekdays on College Drive near the Dennos Museum Center, via the #3 Tom's East Bay route.
The Museum is wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs are available free of charge at the front desk on a first-come, first-served basis. If you are planning to attend an event at the Dennos Museum Center and have a disability requiring any special assistance, please notify us at email@example.com or (231) 995-1055 as soon as possible.
What to see
What to do
- Group Visits and Guided Tours
- Self-Guided Tours
- Museum Events
- Shop in the Museum Store
- Today's Events
- The Museum requires visitors to check backpacks of any size, shopping bags, and other large bags at the front desk.
- Still photography for personal use is permitted in the galleries with the exception of some special exhibitions. No flash or tripods allowed.
- Sketching is permitted in the galleries with pencils only.
- Baby strollers are permitted at all times.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the galleries or Milliken Auditorium.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Museum.
The Dennos Museum Center has many resources available for K-12 teachers, college educators, and homeschool educators.